Do you ever get that itch…
you’re just sitting there, minding your own business, doing your own thing….
and then you feel the twitch first…
you ignore it…
but it gets stronger…
That nagging, won’t stop, won’t go away itch.
You never know when it’s going to start… but when it does…
it just. won’t. stop.
You know the one I’m talking about right?
The itch to MAKE SOMETHING!
I got the itch last night while waiting for the Cardinals game to start again. Silly rain delay! By the time those boys started playing again, THIS GIRL had three projects going at once. Bootyah!
Today’s craft really can’t get much easier. Seriously – you’ll laugh. I almost didn’t even blog about it… but my sister loved it and I thought some of you might too. <crosses fingers, closes eyes and HOPES!>
When I started this, I really didn’t have an end-goal. I was just being crafty and happy!
Here’s how it all came together:
- Gather your supplies: Canvas (purchased in a value pack at Michaels), Mod Podge, paper and black craft paint.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge to your canvas and line up your paper. Smoothing it carefully, try to work out the wrinkles (unless you like them of course!
- If your patient enough, allow the Mod Podge to dry before painting a black border around your canvas. Given the option, I might not do this step, but my paper wasn’t big enough to wrap around the edges so the white canvas was showing.
- Once the Mod Podge dries, do one more thin coat of Mod Podge on TOP of the paper to give it a little added protection.
inpatiently as the Mod Podge dries.
- Paint as desired! I opted to free-hand a tree silhouette with black craft paint, but there are so many adorable things you could do!
Told you it was easy! Way too easy to be blogging about. Could be the shortest tree silhouette tutorial EVER!
Right now it feels sort of Halloween-ish to me, but that could just be because everyone is posting about pumpkins and spiders and ghouls, oh my!
We’ll see… this little fellow might have a life extended beyond October!
Next time you get the itch… Get moving! Either a) start crafting or b) call the doctor… all depends on the itch! ha!
Monday The DIY Showoff | Craft-O-Maniac | Lines Across | Skip To My Lou Tuesday Home Stories A2Z | Tip Junkie | Coastal Charm | My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia | Not Just a Housewife Wednesday Southern Lovely | Primitive & Proper | Ginger Snap | Someday Crafts Thursday Live Laugh Rowe | House of Hepworths | Stone Gable | Shabby Creek Cottage | 52 Mantels Friday Crafty Scrappy Happy | Miss Mustard Seed | Shabby Nest | See Vanessa Craft | Remodelaholic | 504 Main | Sassy Sites | Redoux Saturday Funky Junk | Tatertots & Jello Sunday Nifty Thrifty Things | Under the Table & Dreaming