March 19, 2012 in Gettin' Crafty
In case you missed my post yesterday, I’m on vacation this week (squeal!) in Destin, FL. I’ll have some fun guest bloggers for you along the way, but today is a mish-mash of pictures and info.
I started my day with a quiet morning on the beach. It was absolutely PERFECT. Exactly what I needed! I love getting there early in the morning when it’s quiet. I stopped by a coffee shop along the way and found a spot to stake my claim and set up camp.
I snapped tons o’ pics with my Canon, but here are just a couple iPhone pics to hold you over:
Random father and son fishing on the beach (nope… don’t know them….)
Our home for the week!
Those of you that know me, know that I’ll yap all day. I’m seriously reining myself in here. To share only 3 photos and in less than 500 words is unheard of. But that’s because I have something SUPER exciting to tell you about…
I’ve been invited in a really fun (and super sweet) blog event. Some super uh-mazing bloggers came up with an idea to spread a little kindness and love. Crafting + Gifting = Right up my alley! (Just ask my brother-in-law… he got a jute-wrapped gourd for Christmas!… and yes, there’s a longer story there.)
So who do we owe thanks for this geniousness? (Don’t question the validity of my made-up words… just go with it)
So what, pray tell, am I talking about? Well, it’s called
The Pass It On Project!
Here’s how it works:
1) Those 5 great bloggers will kick off the event and make a couple handmade gifts.
2) Those gifts will be mailed out to people like me!
3) When I receive the gift, I gift it to anyone I choose (friend, neighbor or anyone you wish)
4) Then, I will make 2 of my own handmade gifts and mail them to 2 of my favorite bloggers
5) You’ll get to hear all about what I make and who I sent it to ‘cuz I’m sure to blog all about it!
6) Those bloggers will then gift the item I made onto someone else and start the process over once again (by creating their own handmade gifts, mailing to 2 bloggers, blogging about it …
The idea is that we will post about the project and link to the bloggers who we’ve received gifts from as well as those we’ve sent gifts to, so everyone can follow the whole journey (and hopefully create a community that loves to pass on the kindness)!
Pretty great right?!
I’m so excited to be a part of the project. Karah, from The Space Between, has a package en route to my house as I type! Can’t wait to see what she’s created and find that perfect person to pass it on to. Too fun!
I’ll share the fun of opening the package when I get home, and clue you in on what I’m making to pass on too. In the meantime, I hear my little nephew downstairs in this beach house and I better get back to him. You can only keep cute babies waiting for so long!